things i learned in ancient greek art today:
- Achilles had a gay lover
- Zeus had a boy toy that he thought was pretty so he snatched him up and made him into his wine bitch and kept him under his throne on olympus always
- there was a woman who wanted to be a man so Poseidon changed her sex and then made him impervious to metal weapons to boot
- They made Aphrodite marry a lame and ugly guy and to retaliate she slept with everyone, but mostly Ares.
sounds like high school
“video games starring women don’t sell—”
“movies starring women won’t do well at the box office—”
“nobody wants to read comics about women—”
” ‘Shounen action heroine’ is a contradiction in—”
“An American cartoon with awesome heroines of color would never be successful because—”
“Muscular girls are unattractive—-“
“There are no gorgeous women that strong in real li-“
- Mom: If you were going to kill someone, what weapon would you choose?
- Me: A dull knife.
- Dad: Why a dull knife?
- Me: You want to really mess someone up and make it painful? Use a dull knife. Sure, it's going to take a bit more effort, but it isn't going to cut. It's going to rip. It'll be painful, and if they survive the healing process will be a lot more difficult and painful. A dull knife expresses more anger than a sharp knife. A sharp knife is kind of the nice guy murdering tool, but if I'm going to kill someone I'm going to assume that I have finally snapped so I'd go for something painful and vicious.
- Mom: We've raised a potential serial killer.
- Dad: I don't know about you, but I'm proud of the amount of thought that went into that.